Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Love You, P.S

Here's one for you... the door bell rings yesterday and it's the POSTMAN coming to ask us to please check our mailbox as there's a parcel in there hogging all the room. LOL!! Too funny. I had to laugh with him and apologize that I was causing him door to door old fashioned mail style delivery, but it was a pleasure to have met him nonetheless. His name was Michael.

My husband then needed to pull over at the side of the road to open his parcel. As I open mine, from my mom at the very bottom is a bottle of lotion called, P.S. I love you. It makes me miss my mom. She's so creative in her thoughtful ways to place this at the bottom to remind me she loves me. It makes even my husband smile.

Then as I sit and ponder the thought behind "P.S I love you" so popular, even a movie was made with that title, my mind wonders to, "How did 'P.S' even get started?" My husband reminds me that it stands for Post Script, which really was in the past only used AFTER a message had been sent and was rather an after thought that had been missed on the original letter.

So interesting. Then I turned to him and asked, why "I LOVE YOU" the most important part of any message really often falls in the "P.S" part as an AFTERTHOUGHT??? Then we smile as we play with it a bit. What if people said, "I LOVE YOU, and P.S. could you pick up some bread tonight?"

Then I got thinking of how often it seems things in our society seems to be twisted or turned around. They may seem trivial now, but in time will have deep lasting effects. Have even some of our priorities as a society become backwards?

We used to save more than we'd spend. Not so now. We used to buy only what cash could afford, not so now. We used to enjoy long drawn out dinner meals, and each other's company, conversations, etc. Not so now. Microwave and Take Out are dominating. We used to spend more time in the company and LIVE affection of others from washing dishes, to building things, now we have sunglasses, ipods, cell phones, tvs, x boxes, and countless computers to bring us companionship and comfort. We used to enjoy getting dirty, or horsing around in the snow outside, now we have germ phobia and desire virtual Wii games to pretend to horse around.

We used to think a movie such as Indecent Proposal was rated R for the mere theme, now it is a common reality of life that could even be deemed as a Decent Proposal if the $$ was ok???

Recently we've rented a few PG movies... I have been disgusted with what PG is now! How watered down our once bar of protection has now become.

Now we think we don't need God's blessing in our education, school, government, country. For we remove bibles, the Lord's Prayer, don't even want to call it CHRISTmas, I wonder if we will need to reprint US so it no longer reads, "In God we Trust". Our National Anthem sings "God keep our land glorious and free..." That's a bold ask when we seem to have put Him as a simple P.S. a mere afterthought to the many great blessings He has given us.

As we leave 2009 and enter 2010, will you make a choice with me to keep Him at the centre and purpose of not only our letters, but our lives.

I Love you Lord. P.S. I'd like to offer my life as prove of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment