Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I Help You With Those Christmas LIghts?

Some of you may think it's too late for hanging Christmas lights... well... guess what, I don't think so. :) For today yes, Roger and I found two lit hearts that we hung in our front foyer window side by side. I can just picture the comments we'll receive being newlyweds, but hey I bought them before I had met Roger. Interesting enough, the same hearts that I had hung two years ago, seemed to hold a different sense of significance as we hung them. I smile, thinking of how God knew the simple joy they'd bring me, all along when I first purchased them. I smile, because He so knows and longs to give us just great joy. He's the best dad ever!

As we take the time and precisely hang them holding the ladder and all. I can't help but laugh with Him even an hour ago. After a wonderful dinner surrounded with extended family and great conversations I feel Him nudging me to just take a little walk outside with Him. For many I guess comfort and fellowship is found in family and friends, but you know, I say this tenderly, having lost all that once was around me years ago, I learned the intimate love of Him when it was just the two of us. So despite having a house full of laughter and love, family and fun, I will chose to always place Him first. Again, I don't say this out of duty as much as a deep love.

As I walk in the quiet, brisk cold, with Him I look up to see such a vast array of stars. The most I've seen for a very long time. Then He says to me, "What do you think of my Christmas lights??" Literally I chuckle out loud.

"Lord. You take the cake in every circumstance! For you don't even need to measure or are limited to a simple confined area but rather spray paint them across the universe. Some are on dimmers. some in a pattern, uniquely measured out in precision every time, but as far as the eye can see! Your dominion, unfathomable.

I think of how proud our men are when they accomplish something and want to show off for us. Then I simply look at my God's work of His hands and forget the clap on clap off, He just speaks and they shine.

Psalm 147:4He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.
Isaiah 40:26Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

So I walk back to the house even seeing the city lights they seem so boring, all on one level in the distance, clumped together and you know... NO ONE... absolutely NO ONE is even in a class close to compete with Almighty God.

God of the universe, your Christmas lights hang in perfection. And quite frankly you can show off for me anytime, I love it. I still can't believe I have the privilege of calling the Creator my friend.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment