Sunday, December 13, 2009

High on the Favor Chart

THANK YOU for your emails to me regarding my blog. I am thankful that God is using them to encourage you daily and that motivates me to keep at it. :)

Here's God for you... I get an email from one of you just yesterday, graciously thanking me for this blog then going on to share more intimately her hard journey at this time. How she is pressing into God and little reminders in this blog inspires her in that. I haven't seen her for years. I didn't even get the chance to respond to her email but I suppose that is because God wanted me to share with her in person. So as I join Mom and Dad at their church this morning who ends up sitting next to me?? You got it! Amazing eh? So God!

Today as I ponder the Christmas story I think of Mary and how the angel's words to her were, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Luke 1:28

I LOVE the exclamation ! You think I'm passionate... can you imagine an angel with an ! wow.... Now it's the next part that really gets me.

"...you who are HIGHLY FAVORED."

How was Mary viewed? Who was she known as? What would be the best words to describe Mary? Well.. there we have it, "Highly Favored by God." wow again....

If I were Mary, my bio would just read, "Mary, Highly Favored." What else do you need to say??

All heaven would have known this Mary, even before the world knew she would be the mother of Jesus.

Now counter that with what the world saw of Mary before any of this. Perhaps just a young ordinary, quiet, obedient girl, that didn't quite fit in with the "cool crowd" but rather blended in as a very average young lady?

I so admire how God uses things and people that the world says are nothing, to be EVERYTHING for Him. 1 Cor 1:27 Only HE can do that!! It's the underdog story a million times over with God. He simply desires hearts that are humble and obedient to Him. (Luke 1:48)

I wonder how many people we look at every day that are favored with God? Let alone "Highly Favored!?"

My heart is stirred again by this heroic story. I too want to be Highly Favored by His Majesty. That to me, is my focus. Say what you like, but I'll hold to hope that God can chose to HIGHLY FAVOR young ordinary women if HE SO CHOOSES.

And on top of that He chooses nobodies to be somebodies in the eternal kingdom. Looks like we've got some good odds in our favor already. :)

My hope is in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment