Sunday, December 20, 2009

Carrie Simpson, Married??

To save responding on countless emails, perhaps I can take this moment to briefly update many of you across Canada, on "yes"... Carrie Simpson got married.

As many of you know I have been without a date for the past 7.5 years, completely satisfied with the truest of love found in our Lord. Really. Those of you that know me well, are smiling right now. I had not even kissed a man, devoted to the purity I desired to not only give God but perhaps one day His chosen man for me. Was this easy?? You've got to be kidding??!! One of the hardest thing a young woman must train herself to do, not giving in as the world does. A huge weakness for me in the past to want to run to the arms of a man, that and my physical nature, to which God created me as passionate! BUT God carried me and loved me through this time as I chose to walk His way through the door of freedom fleeing from temptations.

I was also convinced as I got to know God more and more, that if He so desired to bring a man into my life He would do it in His time, and having mucked that up so much previously I surrendered it fully to Him. I didn't shy away though from writing my dream man in a journal locked away in the cedar chest that sits at the end of my bed.

In those 7.5 years Brea and I together had found a joy and realness into what a relationship, and dependency on a God that wants to be part of our lives, truly looks like. For her God as a Father, for me a Husband and a friend, a Counsellor and a lover, a protector, a financial planner, etc.etc. He really is the Great "I AM" to us showcasing Himself in so many ways.

It was last October (2008) that a man who became like a dad to me, knowing my stand on not dating and purity, opted to propose a simple coffee with a godly guy he had known for years. Sharing that he was not into leading women on with dates, etc but a man of integrity and purity as well.

To be honest, I was rather shocked... and especially that he really only was into coffee. Brea had often guarded me in this arena and when I took it to her, she enthusiastically declared I should go, and that it should happen on her birthday?!!!! To no planning on our part, it simply ended up being on her birthday that we sat down to a coffee together. And from there today I am a blessed married woman, having truly been given the man only God knew was in my dreams.

I have much more to share on this topic, and will as I write my blogs for I don't have all the answers in even what blended families look like, BUT we are constantly letting God lead us in this and so far... I must say, it has been a joy. All 3 of our children have become the best of friends and are incredibly team focused with obedient and loving hearts towards our new family. It was been a privilege to witness God's love in and through us even to our kids, and the joy and honor of waiting until marriage has proven to be an investment for all of us. Our children have witnessed a love in a man and a woman that God desires. God knows... and when we honor Him.. will He not give us the best?? IN EVERYTHING!!?? Why do we settle? Why do we doubt Him? Perhaps it is our own weak faith that is trying to rob us from such joy?

I desire to be a living testimony to the goodness and wonder of our great God in all areas of my life. Has it been easy? NO! Has it always proven to be the best when I am faithful and persevere holding on to His way, in obedience. YES... but one of the biggest things He has taught me is, "Not because I have to ... but because I truly WANT to give Him the best and TRUST Him more than anyone." He has taught me the purest of love. He is my source from that I will overflow to my husband and him to I.

Song of Songs 3:5 "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires."

When my husband can look at me and thank me for waiting for him 8 years, I see now how my purity is one of the greatest gifts I can give Him. And what gift God has given me in a husband who offers me the same!

On Sept 7, 2009 Carrie Lynn Simpson and Roger Edward Liegmann became one through the power of God in body and Spirit for His honor and glory.

God knows, what we need, when we need it and often delivers it in very creative expressions. He's God.

Thank you Lord, for My Roger. He is a gift from your hand and I seek to love him and respect him in a way that honors you and also makes both of you smile!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie,

    It was nice to hear the details about your marriage! I was very surprised to hear you were married! I used to know everything when I was the receptionist :-)
    Congratulations!
    Thanks for the blog! I check it every day...love it!

    ReplyDelete