Thursday, December 10, 2009

Flying High or Running Wild?

So many things going off in my heart and mind today… which one shall I write about??

Do you realize how much energy flows from an airport? And I’m not talking gas, hydro, water, etc. I’m speaking of energies that come from peoples’ spirits? I witness deep powerful heart wrenching goodbyes, countered by rich warm, suffocating “hellos”. From parents to children, to lovers, good friends and grand parents these moments are beautiful to witness. From there you sense the excitement in families as they head off for vacation, home for Christmas, skiing or sea shell hunting. Some you can see deep sadness knowing they have flown for reasons of death or serious illness. This too is full of power; that of deep sorrow. Some are university students with an excitement for real home cooked food and a comfy bed with clean sheets and duvets.

As I look around me, I sense the realness to all of these moments and ponder it in my heart, imagining all the different life stories. Even my own tender goodbye kisses and embraces were more sincere and heartfelt than our regular goodbye before school/work. Why is it that our human nature is wired in such? How it drives me nuts. I want to always give my best…from even the hugs and kisses we give one another.

As I sit on the plane I pull out my bible and read in Jeremiah. I LOVE reading my bible up in the heavens. I am reminded every single time we take off, that we are so small.

I look upon Mission Creek the very place I ran this morning. It vanishes instantly and I think, “God how can you even see me way down there, let alone get right into my heart and search it all out??” Craziness… and yet I love it!

I also love to run in nature. I feel as free as my legs will allow me, which isn’t really, but you know how it is.

Brea has been uploading all our cds to the MAC and I recently synced my iPod to include these. Many songs I knew, but randomly this one came on as I was running last week that I had never heard before and it moved me. It captured my spirit even as I ran. I left it at that, not even knowing the artist, until it randomly was the first song to play on my iPod at this very moment.

Having just read the passage in Jeremiah I listened to this song. It still didn’t name the artist, but was Unknown #16. Those of you that have read my book, know that 16 has become divinely significant between God and me. So this blessed me coupled with being sat in Row 16.

My heart has been stirred of late to run as I never have. To give it all I have that I may run so free, not worried about things in this world that hold us back; things that we can never take with us. To run fearlessly. To love without caution, recklessly.

As I look out the window I meditate on what I’ve just read including Jeremiah 12:5 in which God says to Jeremiah, “If you have raced with people on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses?” I think of how I long to run as a horse run; so powerfully, free, putting even humans to shame. I marvel at how God’s created them. And then this song comes on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWIVi_Oa4as

Here’s a link so you can listen to it. Don’t watch the video but LISTEN to the words.
I felt as if I was in God’s movie as He has the soundtrack playing for this teaching lesson. How does He do this? No wonder He keeps me coming back on the hour for such amazing moments!

He then moves me from this teaching to my practical.

The stewardess looks at me and says with a joyful excitement, “I know you!” The guy beside me is rather surprised as she says, “You live in my building.” Although I didn’t recognize her she was correct.

I responded to with genuine warmth, excited of the commonality we shared. She then offers to get me drinks, dinner, snacks all covered by her. I was in shock, but once again marvel at God’s hand. I am so grateful and reminded that even when we are unaware of those watching us, He’s well at work.

I want every moment, from that encounter with the stewardess, to the daily embrace I give my family and friends to be one that if it was my last, they would be completely thrilled with the fullness to which it was given.

Side note: There’s another phrase in that song that echoes my heart before God on a deeper more intimate level but that’s another blog in itself! Lol!
For those that are wondering, it starts with … “Recklessly abandoning ______ “ and ends with “feel”

No comments:

Post a Comment