Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Essential

As the clock struck 12 midnight on the eve to 2010, I had the pleasurable privilege of gallivanting across a snow laden golf course to find a specific spot in which I joined with 14 other deeply connected friends, Styrofoam cups in hand, to ring in the New Year together. We join together amidst the greatest acoustics around to hear divine peace and tranquility amongst the mountains and towering pine trees. Having run to the middle of the field we catch our breath and collectively sing a song united in thankfulness to our Creator. We then join our hearts together to not only thank Him for a great 2009, but ask for His direction, leading and blessing in 2010. All of us have come to realize and with joy, declare our God does and will continue to bestow on us the best, if we will simply listen and obey.

Psalm 84:11For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

I feel an unbelievable peace settle amongst us as a group even in the middle of the great outdoors at midnight.

This small group of intimate friends have become such a pivotal part of the leadership team God is at work building, to further His kingdom, especially with this younger generation. As I look around at each of them, I am so incredibly thankful for each of them, and how together, our diversity of gifts is celebrated as we create a powerful unified team. It's nothing comparable to the world of corporate teams, though that can be so greatly rewarding too! But rather this group is devoted to helping young people truly find the Joy of Life. Almost as if we are a bunch of little "Life Coaches." It is this group, that I would fight with all I had, for the very essence of life with.

I am so thankful for each of them. And even above myself and my dreams for 2010 I so look forward to witnessing God fulfilling some of theirs over the course of this year. For even in 2009 I have come to witness many of my prayers for them already answered. Amazing. BUT we must wait on Him. It's His timing that is perfect, for unfortunately we are quite impatient people. And we all know that's when things get messed up.
Isaiah 64:4Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Waiting simply moves, I'm not moving in haste or my own freewill or selfishness but rather trusting God to know what is best for me. I'll tell you after truly getting to know Him intimately these past 9 years, I have such great joy and peace to willfully and longingly give Him this year. I can hardly wait to see what He has in store. :)

My God is full of fun, love, surprises and joy! But He wants to get us to that place of freedom first. Unfortunately it took me longer than many, but now I have full benefits!

Get to KNOW Him, this year. From there you will learn to trust Him and not simply when it's convenient. That's not trust. that's selfishness. I know, because I've been there. Sad but true. And trust takes brutal honesty. The kind that refreshes afterwards.

I have many dreams for 2010, too many too list for you, but be rest assured they have been well spoken of in detail between God and I. There are some priorities I have come to genuinely adore. Putting God first is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment