Saturday, January 16, 2010

Martyr is my Witness

What are you a witness to?   Really. 

When someone says your name what do people first think of?  Be honest, be real.  Ask others.  Tell them to be brutally honest.

What or who, if anything would you be willing to die for?  

Aren't the last words of someone so powerful?  Often replayed over and over again.  Jesus leaves the commission to "Go" and make disciples but a powerful phrase we miss is His words in Acts, just before He enters heaven He says to His disciples,  Acts 1:8 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

The New Testament word for "witness"is the same for "martyr".  We have come to know martyrs for those who have died for the faith.  Again I ask you, what in your life, or who would you die for?

A witness is someone who sees, hears, or knows by personal presence and perception.  These guys KNEW Him, personally.  I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY... and hence my desire of even just sharing this blog.  His personal encounters are available to all!  If we simply WITNESS to Who He is to us, and what experiences we have with Him, we are honoring the call.  Seems pretty simple??  YES... BUT SIMPLE for those that daily walk with God.  What a joy, what a privilege!  How easy it is to just relay details of personal encounters.  May we continue to desire to walk with God, for in that we CAN WITNESS of what an amazing GOD loves us, so unconditionally.

I will write more on this later, my loving husband is taking me for a romantic date night.  :)

Witness to our GREAT GOD, My life is His,

To the point of death, I shall declare I love Him,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment