Monday, January 11, 2010

Forecast Calling for a Windy Generation

I am so incredibly thankful to God that He is entrusting me with such amazing young people to teach and train and equip with all truth to be great men and women in this country.

I work humbly alongside 11 other leaders that I would be honored to die with in a desire to honor our God.

They inspire excellence in everything they do from their walks of purity, living life to the fullest in fear and awe of our Great God. Loving Him first and others with a passion to see this younger generation know Him even more. We all make mistakes but together we provide grace and forgiveness and a desire to work together to not let the enemy grab a foothold anywhere. (I have included a picture at the side of both leaders, and a group shot of our youth)

Roger and I co-lead a bible study Sundays at 10am. We didn't send out a msg saying we were restarting up after the holidays as I just knew the "die hards" would indeed be there. Sure enough they were. :) We are studying "KNOW Really" who Jesus was and is as we follow his exact steps of life through the new testament. We were looking at Luke 4:14-30. Those that know me, know it is simply the bible as our source no curriculum.

We deeply examine the scriptures as we bring to life this phenomenon of a man in which our God, acts so gentle AND so bold, often in the ways we least expect it. The Lion and the Lamb he truly is. (Rog and I are actually in pursuit of 2 awesome paintings/portraits to put in the expanse of our great room on either side of the fireplace. Yes.. you got it, a lion and a lamb.) BIG BIG :) Let me know if you come across any!

Then we stop to finish with some time in prayer in which anyone can pray and I will close. No one prays, which is unheard of in our group... then I can sense God's discerning words in my heart, for each one there specifically, and I can hear Him tell me to pray it audibly for all to hear but specifically what He is putting on my heart. I argue gently, as my mind tries to overpower my heart, saying, "Lord do we really have time for all of that? And what if it's not all right? And do you have something for each one here?"

"Trust me." I hear Him say and with a deep breath I pray simply what He downloads on my heart for each one.

It takes time, but man is it deep. When we are finished, you can hear a pin drop and tears around the room. NO ONE moves from their seats as if we're glued to them. Service has just begun and we ought to be going, but again.. no one can move. Literally it's like a heavy peace, and presence of God that no one wants to leave.

Roger, who is incredibly gifted in sensing the presence of the Spirit and needing to move in it, wonders if we should continue in this. I agree. And we offer to those that really want prayer that we would remain and pray specifically with them. Over half of the group stays.

From there we move our circle closer together and each one deeply, I mean deeply to the outpouring of countless tears, declares further what the Lord has brought to the surface in each of their hearts and then we pray specifically to each one. Another there is given scriptures at the time of prayer so perfectly for that individual it's just awesome. After a few hours I'm in awe. Literally. I feel for the first time in a long time the deep intimate times in the Spirit that we shared as a group in Israel. It was powerful and refreshing and freeing to see this little flock fully alive, desiring so much more of God. I look at this remnant to which God is at work with and at how His word is becoming alive to them more and more and how they are willing to step out of the crowds at school even if that means standing alone, but not wanting to fall for the lie of unsatisfactory pleasures that lead to death. Here before me lies, quarterback, musicians, A students, athletes, even one that has been chosen to run the Olympic torch in her city, and ones from broken homes, abused, etc, honestly I ponder in my heart as Mary did, that God is at work in this younger generation. He's building His strong nucleus even right now, to stand boldly in times to come. Right now is prep work in truly KNOWING HIM, by His Spirit of Truth in them and through His word. It's a beautiful thing.

When one of the mothers of the young guys asked how church was, he declared, "It was so awesome! It felt just like it did in Israel."

Our kingdom is with us here and now, the kingdom is within us. We don't need to go somewhere to get it, we just need to know how to live, move, breathe in it, for it's already ours to those who believe. (Luke 17:21)

I am refreshed having witnessed the wind shared and blown through all of us yesterday. I know and sense and feel this love constantly. I would rather die than not have it,(Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.)
but my next greatest desire is that others too would know this hidden treasure that is available to all. That they would receive it, and would learn to walk and run in it. For then there is not even a desire to turn back.

This is the abundant life.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Persevere in this time and you too will yet behold such goodness. His death is my LIFE and I shall live it boldly.

His,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment