Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Slurpee of Love?

I love how the Spirit leads us.  How He desires teach us and take us beyond our comfort zones.   How He longs for our beautification and our perfection if only we would simply cooperate more often.  How He wants to take our hand and pull us to places we couldn't even dream or imagine.  And yes He is preparing me yet again to do that even with a new assignment here at the church.  More to come on that after we've officially announced it to all members next week.  Just KNOW I'm excited!!!

But as God is preparing me I've been digging into local areas by exploring them but with a prayer that says Lord let me see with the eyes of my heart what you see in these communities. 

Needless to say here I am in a rougher area in a corner store stopped to get a drink watching the stream of teens bustle in just fresh from school.  I witness a group of 3 girls all duded up buying slushies.  The two of them are being somewhat mean and ignorant to the third, so much that they went ahead paid for the drink and left her.  She ended up being behind me in line hiding behind her sunglasses.  My heart was moved to simply love on her, show her that she was valued as much as Christ would see her right now... but HOW do I do that without freaking her out?  Just extending love?  Instantly the Spirit provides me His wisdom.

I pay for my drink and quietly ask the cashier to add to my bill what the girl behind me has in her hands.  I pay the bill and without making a big fuss or anything leave to my car.  Dressed in a business suit, I opened the door to my car.  She came out, looked at me with a shocked but deep apprecition as she took off her sunglasses.  "Thanks a lot"  she murmered a little dumbfounded. 

Her two friends already walking away on the sidewalk, now stopped wondering why she was talking to me?  I smiled lovingly at her and said "You're welcome."  And then got in my car.

As I drove away I could see her telling her friends the story and with shocked looks they all stared.  But they brought her back into the threesome.

I realized in her rejection to be placed behind me in line God was going to use this for me to bless her.  Sure it was a couple bucks, but it's not about the money, it's about extending love when He moves our hearts to.  We don't need to understand, rationalize or even calculate but trust that He desires to show himself through us to all people. 

Help me Lord more and more to yield to your loving Spirit and may I partner with you constantly to see what you see and therefore move with your hands and your feet to love as you love.

John 13:34,35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”


They shall know I am His disciple when I love one another. 

May we rise to such a calling.  Let's start with the little things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment