Thursday, June 9, 2011

Holidays & Holy Moments


I’ve been blessed to enjoy my husband for the past 2 weeks as we marvel together at many of God’s great works, from France, Monte Carlo, Italy (Venice & Rome), Barcelona, Spain, Croatia, New York City, the Mediterranean Sea and a thing called Love.  All glorious artworks of His.  Not just the stunning beauty but the culture and the people that make each place despite how close in proximity so completely diverse.  The Mediterranean Sea and the glorious unique blue that no other body of water shares.  The way it can so quickly have huge waves and the next moment literally be a sea of glass.  And mostly as Roger and I connect we find ourselves constantly fellowship not only with one another but our God.  We feel a bit as Adam and Eve did as God desired to walk and BE with them.  How blessed we are that He would allow us this privilege, He even upgraded us to an elaborate suite and despite the 10 cruises I’ve been on, I would say this one was the best thus far.

God gave us such unique timing to all of these places from witnessing the International Film Festival in France with Hollywood, to the days before the Monte Carlo Indy, to witnessing the protests in Spain first hand, a full moon on the Sea, having dinner with a world famous chef along with cooking lessons, glorious weather, even being able to pick up the Canucks game though away was fun.  Roger and I never did the excursions that the tours arranged but always trusted God to lead us and every time what He brought us to and how He did it kept us marveling.  Even others at the end of the day wanted to hear the stories.  We even got to have dinner in the restaurant in Venice we ate in for our honeymoon!  J

We toured Barcelona yesterday.   What an incredible city!!  It’s amazing.  There’s one mountain there at the side of the city called Mount Montjuic. It’s a stunning park but with many beautiful buildings and landmarks on it as well, one being the stadium they held the World Olympics in right at the very top.  As we toured it my heart was stirred to want to be there alone with God in the wee hours of the morning.  This intensified as I realized the Jewish history of this mountain.  ( I met many Jewish people on the Cruise and even attended their Shabbat Service.  J ) 

Not just the mountain but the draw of this empty stadium in which representation from our world gathered not so long ago.  Roger could see my heart stirring and without even asking he knew I’d want to run there in the morning and have my quiet time with God.  J  He so knows me… even before I say things.  He reminds me though that we need to leave at 7am in the morning so that means I would need to head there at 5am.  Remember it is our vacation.  I say I want to. 

And sure enough, 5am on the dark roads of Barcelona the hotel guy shows me the way to get there but claims I shouldn’t try to do one side to the other it’s too hard, just go back the way I came.  We those that know me, know I hate back tracking.  I’d rather blaze new trails whenever I can.  So I went, worship music, I actually replayed the song “Imagine” 12 times, which has never been done for me before.   As I ran up the front of this huge castle on the mountain I could simply wonder what it will be like to enter the gates of heaven.  It was so surreal as no one was around these glorious attractions.  I will include a picture so you can see it.  I choked back the tears as I worshipped my Lord.  I continued to the top where the stadium lies.  Breathtaking in size.  Somewhat to the Coliseum we saw in Rome but so much more modern.  It was all closed up but as I went up to the main barred entrance I peered in seeing a vast array of thousands upon thousand seats.  You would never guess all that lied behind the walls.  Much like own hearts.  So diverse, deep and complex inside; the most important part.  As listened to the birds start to sing around me as they usher in God’s sunrise I find my heart burdened to the point of tears again, simply asking God “Oh that their would be a way again that He would bring our world together in a stadium like this in which we would just worship Him.”  We came together in Barcelona physically celebrating just that with athletes, but could we come together again to celebrate the spirit.  I could sense Him pulling me as He did with Joshua to run around the whole perimeter and pray about this.  To believe and ask.  (He has been teaching me more about prayer this past month than I’ve ever known!)  So I did.  I could feel even the physical locking was similar to how it is in the spirit currently, but not to give up.  No matter how ridiculous this seemed, was I willing?  I was!! 

As I finished the loop the sun was just arising but as I came back there appeared these cats lingering at the front, in a sly way.  Just days before I’d had a dream the enemy was clothed as a cat trying to attack.  I realized too the significance of this.  For every time I desire to advance by God’s prompting I know that the enemy to advances his troops, for it is a battle of the spiritual realm and principalities.  He is teaching me the power I have in my prayers. 

The cats didn’t phase me although they did remind me to pray that God would protect me from the evil one. 

Oh gotta go… I’m sitting on the airport floor writing this while Roger is in the long customs security line… but he’s giving me the “look”.  Lol!  We’re next in line….

No comments:

Post a Comment