Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wayword to This World - Woo HOO!!

okay.. okay.. I'm getting the hint. Your emails, texts, etc... including my own son's comment on Thurs night, "So... I've been wondering if you are going to write on your blog soon?!"... lol! He was so cute.. then as I tried to explain I'd been away all last week at Board mtgs in Florida taking red eye flights, then back full swing into teaching, mtgs, etc... it's been a busy time.. BUT that didn't get me far, as I myself don't like excuses at any time. (I was merely just stating some truthful facts. I know.. I know...)

So he decided to sit with Alyssa and Brea while I was making dinner and have a LIVE blog session where his question was simply, "So... what's on your heart these days?" BIG :) It so moved my heart. He's a persevering little fellow.

I do apologize for taking longer than anticipated to write to you, as you all know there is so much in my heart in a day.

There is a huge thought that God has stirred my heart with about a month ago and it seems to be everywhere I go these days. It's been getting deeper and more spiritually inspired as God really shows me His heart in this. But I do want to take the right time to write about it as it is more of a controversial topic. But then again, so are many things that the enemy seems to have us deceived on.

***

God continues to bless our blended family so much. Brea got some news after school one day that made her feel so sad and Roger and I couldn't be there right away, BUT Alyssa her new sister was there. And the most beautiful thing transpired, for as tears rolled down Brea's face it was Alyssa that she reached for and together they hugged each other. And even now it's funny Brea talks at school of her sister and brother and her peers rudely try to correct her saying, isn't that your "STEP" sister and brother. Brea says, "Yes" but she claims to her friends she'd prefer to just call them the "real thing". It's her decision and such she has made!

She didn't tell me this until yesterday on the drive home. That morning as the kids left for school I for the first time ever referred to the kids as my Step Children just as I was telling a story about them. I was so convicted in my spirit and really thought about it after. I DON'T think it's right in my heart to call them this. So I've decided I won't in my quiet conversation with God. Then I share this with Brea and she can't believe I'm saying this! For she too had the exact same sense that it just seemed wrong. SO...We're Doing away with the STEP over here! Full-on flat playing field. No half way about it. :)

We've been talking a lot about relationships this week, especially given Valentine's around the corner after all we are social creatures. I have seen and witnessed many examples of the good and bad of this. Actually... I think I've personally been through every part of the the circle of what to do and not do in relationships. (Trust me not proud of that... but it does allow me now, to teach in a powerful way, having been there.)

In short, guys greatest downfall will be and has always been WOMEN. From Adam to the strongest, the wisest, the richest man of ancient of days, have fallen prey to the allure of a woman. hmmm.... In Proverbs 31:3, the Queen herself says to her son, "Son, do not spend your strength on women, or your vigor on THOSE who RUIN kings." Wow... so true though. As a fellow women in the corporate world to a restaurant, I see the influence a woman can play with to a man. Eight years ago God taught me how to lay this down entirely and trust Him, even rejecting money, fame, honor, etc... given by men.

So I passionately and defensively teach my young man not to be influenced or pulled off track from school, sports, careers, etc... as God equips and trains them to be His man first. Pride is given in what a man can accomplish and put his skill to as well, from that comes and establishment of home, and finance, etc. God will in turn bring THE wife He already has allocated for him if He trusts and waits on God.

And for women I counsel them to find TRUE LOVE first found in our LORD. For our greatest weakness is so desiring to be LOVED. Unfortunately the enemy twists some guy buying a girl lunch, a few love texts, and a drink at a party. A muffled "I love you" and there she goes, giving a wonderous gift of purity to a guy that seems to care for her in the moment. Why??... because in every woman there is a desire to feel precious, honored and loved. Truly. I didn't want to admit this for a long time, but I did want the truth of what a woman is from God and His word? Do you know that the earth trembles under an UNLOVED woman who is married? Prov 3:21,23. I can testify to this. That's why until a woman knows and realizes the trueness of God's love for her she will never truly be satisfied. I see this a lot in women nit picking men, or blaming, or looking elsewhere at some man that takes an interest in her, when really she just desires to be loved for WHO SHE IS... not the LIE that the media paints she ought to be. But for who she really is. A treasure verse of my Lord's love to me in this time was Isaiah 43:4a

You see, God taught me this in the hardest time of my life. And now, even with Roger, whom I love so completely, my love is drawn from God. From Him it overflows through me to Roger and vice versa. The love that He is teaching me is selfless and though a sacrifice initially, so incredibly beautiful as it evolves.

Today he is with 6 other guys, flown down in a private jet to Miami, playing golf, finest of cuisines, parties, etc... to embark on a LIVE viewing of yes... the SUPERBOWL. I know Florida well and the Hollywood, party nature of South Beach and all it's worldly attraction. And yet, although some of the women may feel jealous or upset, I truly am thanking God for this gift for Roger and SO EXCITED for him! Really. I prayed that for our monthly anniversary on the 7th I might be able to bless my husband in a tremendous way. Well... God helped me out on this one! :) Next to God, and his family, I know one great enjoyment for Roger is football. I LOVE how excited he gets when he watches, it talks about, etc.... it really blesses me. So I've even taken to understanding in detail more and more about all the teams, rules, etc. And yes, I am rather intrigued with the wisdom and sense of humility behind Peyton Manning. :)

On top of all that I get the blessing of having a girls' weekend with Brea, which we are BOTH SO THRILLED about!!! It's the first one we've had all alone since we've been married and we're having a lot of fun! She declared all week to her friends she was so excited for this weekend cause she got to hang with her mom all weekend. She told me that her friends think she's so weird that she likes being with her mom! We laughed so hard at that!!!

So circling back to my original stirring of the STEP elimination, here too, we rise the bar for celebrated time away, no jealousy but rather sheer excitement, and a mom and daughter who will show the world that WE SHALL be BFF!! (Best Friends Forever)

Since when... do I do things that seem to be in sync with this world!? Hopefully never... that is my goal. For my citizenship is not of here, and quite frankly my desire is that one day too it shall be said of me "The World was not worthy of her." (Hebrews 11:38). This is my prayer.

I love you Roger, Brea, Daniel and Alyssa. I count it a privilege to share this life with each of you.

Go Colts Go! (That's for you Baby... ) BIG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment