Saturday, February 20, 2010

Inquiring Minds Shall Know

*I wonder why so many HATE Jesus? People that don't even know Him really, just hate any mention of Him?

*I witness 2 parents meeting at a restaurant for lunch with their baby boy. Both arriving in separate cars, looks as if he's on his lunch break. As they leave to say good bye and head off in their separate cars "mom" takes the boy back from Dad's loving and playful arms and the baby starts crying desperately with arms wide open to not want to let his daddy go back to work. His arms still outreached and crying as his dad musters a smile as his heart despairs to break away. I wonder in that moment what the world would look like if we cried for our Father God with the same love, desperation and desire to never let go? Why is that such a ridiculous thought? (Lord, may you see me long as this baby did to be in your arms always).

*I witness leading young Sr High students a few guys and girls continuing on with desiring excellence while they would long a brief moment of undivided time from their busy business fathers. This breaks my heart.

*We have our first fully sunny and very mild day of the year. Coats off, sunglasses on, sunroofs open. Glorious. Everyone seems to be so cheerful and friendlier! It's refreshing and promotes new hope that we will yet say good bye to winter to bring in a new season of growth and life. As I experience this day my heart utters, "LORD as this beauty and warmth of today is to so many, so are you and your word to my soul. Thank you!"

*For all the time we spend watching, promoting, even talking, about some of the world's greatest athlete and marvelling and comparing countries, perhaps it would do us well to take a moment to marvel and direct the focus on the One that created both of these. He is the master of all. Our Creator!

*I see confidence arising in our youth that holds dignity in a higher place. Something to be desired in even the way they portray themselves to others.

*I witness a young woman at youth disruptive and not really engaged, to find myself wondering why she came? Then I run into her the NEXT day in the hall of her school and not only does she not avoid me, she waits until I get out of the washroom and introduces me to 3 of her friends. She is joyful and pleasant, smiling ear to ear. So gracious, even her make up is much softer over the dark black lines. She doesn't want to leave but continue talking. I walk away baffled but apologizing to God, though I had been somewhat resigned to her behaviour... God showed me that I really have no idea what she contemplated as she lied on her bed that night. We left with the excitement to see each other again next Wed.

I have many more... but have a family sitting around me right now, having completed all our Saturday chores, wanting to go and PLAY. :)

Oh to see beyond shallow to deeper things. I wonder if a scuba diver enjoys just skimming the surface?

Loving life,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment