Thursday, February 17, 2011

World Wide & Webbed

Reading the tower of Babel and reflecting how God had made humans in his image and that is a powerful thought. At the beginning of time we came together thinking/dreaming as we often do... "Let's build a city with a tower that reaches to the heavens and make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered around the whole world. " (Gen 11:4) We laugh but perhaps if everyone of us on earth were united with one voice and one interest we too would collectively try a project of similar curiosity and intrigue wanting fame. Keep in mind they didn't have space shuttles, planes, telescopes or satellites to inform them of how small we really are next to God. How pointless and meaningless it would be to continue to try and build a tower that reached to the heavens?? So God confuses their languages and hence the city ceases building as they can't understand each other.

As I'm thinking of this the Lord begins to dialogue with me. "Humans are again back to trying to build the tower of Babel, except it looks different. You are uniting with that one voice again now in which the whole world communicates through. The World Wide Web. And although it can be used for good things, it is indeed a web the enemy has spun around his prey. For the world will not do away with it now. Think of how much you use it? You take it for granted but it's used constantly now. And the enemy is crafty Carrie. He's not stupid... be careful, be on guard. You see he's spinning this web all around the world and people don't even know they're caught in it. It's invisible. And yet think of a spider's web in which I taught you about in Turkey with Roger. They use it in their carpets because it is the strongest silk known to man." I remembered. I couldn't believe it when they told me that it seems so deceptive knowing I could destroy a little web easily, but sure enough it was true."

As I thought on this new revelation I was dumbfounded. It's so true. I enjoy the resource of the world wide web but it's become a necessity to our world now. The lust, money, lies, political country exchanges, the betrayals, scams, etc.... at our fingertips... by the push of a button, instantly across the world. Wow... and to think how quickly it has come to be? Is our foundation really webbed??

I share this with you simply to remind you that our hope is in our LORD and Him alone. He will yet win the battle against the enemy but that we are interesting times. Quite frankly I don't need to figure out the exact time of Christ's AWESOME return.... I just want to be ready. I want to be where God's working and focused on right now. I don't want to try to resurrect my own ministry and then ask God to bless it ... I would rather Him show me where His spotlight is mightily at work and BEG Him to join in... He is God. He protects His children because He's the greatest Father of all. We will yet be with Him, but He warns us too while in this world to be mindful and wise of the times we are in. Be ready. Read it for yourself and be encouraged!! We are on the winning side, so let's give ourselves in this world fully to our King!!
Matthew 24:36-47 (Read it. :) )

p.s And you wonder why I love reading scripture and talking to God so much??? Is there anything greater when HE is your teacher? REALLY??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment