Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh my LIfe Giving JESUS... Do you KNOW Him?

I'm preparing to do another funeral this weekend. It's not just officiating a funeral to me but God gives me this love and care, empathy for the family as if it was my loved one I've lost. It's divine and hurts so much and yet I believe it allows me to love and minister in a way that God himself would.

As I sit and listen to the stories I want to discern this wonderful life, coupled with scripture to bring hope. I ponder my own funeral... I ponder how truly I could die right now and be so fulfilled knowing my ultimate dream has come to reality as I enter the presence of Jesus.

I've recently been so stirred that I simply just want to talk about this JESUS... truly... I am in LOVE with Him. I share this with Roger, who knows it... and loves it. He tells me I should look up Anne Graham Lotz. I "You Tube" to stumble on this video of her mother's passing. I break down in utter tears thinking of the way Billy says goodbye to Ruth, will indeed be that of my husband, but how she longs for Jesus and now she with HIm. Oh I break... completely break in sobs that my heart too longs for you Jesus. And yet for now you long for me to share who you are to the world, especially in times of mourning. And even this morning Lord you encourage my heart that doing this funeral, is exactly what you desire. "The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning." Ecc 7:4.

I sat beside this wonderful loving husband the day after his wife passed at our Christmas Eve service simply wanting to be there as best I could. On the other side sat the mother of the 21 year old that died only 10 months ago due to the rip tide in the ocean in Hawaii. Their first Christmas to face without their loved ones. Oh is God ever teaching me empathy. As I sat there and listened to the service I took on what they would hear and simply sat between them and bawled with them as I rested my head on her shoulder.

Oh LORD.... for the rest of my life I want to proclaim you JESUS... boldly and lovingly.... so many need you despite the many heartaches we endure in life. YOU are our only hope. I LOVE YOU..... and I give my life fully to declaring you from the depths of grave sites to the highest mountain.

YOU ALONE ARE THE LOVER OF MY SOUL.... I am yours. Completely and passionately. Use me now I pray.

xo


You tube video of song at Ruth Graham's Funeral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu2E2FUcIiE&feature=related

Roger as you read this, and watch this KNOW I love you and am so thankful for the love God gives me through you, such a godly man. You are a wonderful blessing. "X"


P.s. If you're not willing to die for Christ that please stop saying you're a Christian. He's more worthy than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment