Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Reward Worth Reading

From gas pumps to store entrances, cashiers, banks, airlines, drug stores, etc... they are pushing a certain credit card that will give you "REWARDS/POINTS". It takes a long time just to investigate the different perks, compare, etc. I find it quite complex in who offers the best point/reward system. But the marketing idea is brilliant really and evidently has done well as everyone wants to offer their own card now. It tells me that we all want to have rewards, perks, feel valued like we are investing into something. I'm having this moment as I'm pumping gas looking at the nozzle that has an advertisement to double my points with their card. (lol) Then it dawns on me that God's word is really what we ought to be using the most for in that their is great rewards to be had. (Psalm 19:10,11) It says that God's word is worth more than gold, much pure gold.

I believe this to be so true and those of you that know me know the time I spend immersed in knowing His word. This year we as a church have decided to read through the bible together in a year. Despite reading through it many times I too am doing it again with our family as well. It has proved to be of great conversation and once again the deep levels he is showing me in it has me smitten again to how deep, active and alive the word of God is. It's not too late to join us in this reading. You could spread out the last 12 days of reading or download Genesis on your ipod and you'll be with us in no time. Here is a link posted to our daily readings, and I've also included a link as to why I believe God's word to be so important.

Let's make it a year of investment not just with points that we may never even use, but rather every area of our life funnelled by the transaction of His word to our heart.

DAILY READING LINK : http://www.trinitybaptist.net/#/weekends (just click on blue box in left hand corner)

Teaching on God's Word: http://www.trinitybaptist.net/media.php?pageID=7 (it's under the title "And God Said...")

Come on... nothing to lose... MUCH TO GAIN!!!

With you, wanting HIS REWARDS....

C

No comments:

Post a Comment