Sunday, November 27, 2011

Streamlining Priorities

I've had a really great week pressing into conversing with God and studying His word intensely.  Sometimes I enjoy coming out of the obligations of speaking and preparing to simply let my heart stand bare before God as He speaks and teaches me intimately.  I find myself getting ready one morning and this deep revelation of how reversed our priorities have become.  How we look to accomplish things, or look forward to the next big thing but what happens as you near the end of your life old and gray, full of years?  I realized right there that I'm so distracted by day to day things, home, family, work, achieving the next thing, etc... but REALLY I have one big purpose.  Everything else is a tool and a means to simply display His glory through me that others would be drawn to Him and saved.  That others would be reached for HIS kingdom.  It's a fight between forces.  There's God's Kingdom in eternity, a kingdom of Light and Satan's, a kingdom of darkness.  Right now am I focused on all my efforts thoughts, the way I bring up our children, the way I encounter every stranger, the way I hate evil, or spur on my brother or sister; is all this focused on displaying Christ in me, light, extending the power of who He is that many would submit to this wondrous God and give there soul to Him now before it's too late??  You see this is our generation... I need to give an account to God of how faithful I was to those around me.  HE has placed me here strategically.  On my street, in this city, even when I travel the people around me, etc...  Have I abandoned myself to this agenda of the Father's will and not mine??  I haven't.  I'm so sad to admit I haven't.  I still let other priorities sneak in that really are of no value.... hmmmm.... I find the more I spend time with the Lord the more His company and character wear off on me.  Even if those around me think it's extreme./  I WANT TO FOLLOW CHRIST's example.  I want to be motivated by His extreme desire and love and the way He lived.  That is my desire.  So as I take on this new approach I find myself reminding my flesh every morning... "I'm yours Lord.  Have your way in me.  Lead me to where you want me to be with the people you desire to witness to today."  You see our life is to be just that...a witness ... a testimony.. not in human strength but with a love that outpours through us from heaven above by His Spirit.  It's awesome and the world cannot comprehend it.  Let me encourage you today that if you truly seek His priority which is so fulfilling, keep asking Him to take your agenda and make it HIS instead.  The fullness, the lack of regrets at the end of our life, will enable us as Paul said, "I have run the race."  I want to be able to say to our Father in heaven, "I have finished the work you gave me to do." 

May we be faithful today to follow His leading.  We don't need the answers.. we simply need to listen and obey.

Motivated, to please an audience of ONE,
Our LORD,

With you,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment