Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eagerly Desiring

I've recently been pondering the thought that my greatest pursuit in life is to truly fellowship with Jesus that He would bring me in relationship with Almighty God.  See without Jesus we have no access to the Father.  What a gift Jesus is to us.  He is the only way, truth and life.  People seem to be okay talking about God, even the demons do scripture says, but JESUS is another story.  As I was mediating on 1 Cor 1:9, "God has CALLED us into fellowship with his son, Jesus Christ our Lord" I was reminding again of the depth of this desire is from God.  HE HAS CALLED us... wow.  He wants us to KNOW Jesus, His Son which must be our Lord.  See that's interesting.  Without confessing Jesus as your Lord you have no relationship with Him.  That's where it starts.  You acknowledge all HE is and surrender to Him as Lord.  Then you get to know Him.  The more I spend time in His word and dialogue with Him the more I find He reveals himself and his ways to me.  I think perhaps we have stopped pursuing a deep relationship with God and maybe just settled with the bare basics.  What kind of relationship is that?  The more I sense Him and draw close to Him the more I'm intoxicated to want more.  Many think I've lost it I'm sure and yet I was telling Roger I feel like I've only scratched the surfaces.  Do we realize the inheritance that is ours??  Do we realize all we possess through His gift of the Holy Spirit??  All the gifts He offers to us are for encouraging, building up the body, becoming powerful in word and deed all to reflect His glory.  I find myself eagerly desiring more of these gifts.  I've begun to walk more powerfully in them the past few years and I want more.  So I wondered am I being selfish Lord?  But He answers me in His word, for twice in 1 Cor it says, "Eagerly desire the greater gifts" and " Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the spirit especially prophecy."  (1 Cor 12:30-31, 1 Cor 14:1-3).  This refreshed my soul and now I continue to ask for more from Him and especially prophecy which He has truly begun to give me more.  Ask my husband.  :)  Why prophecy?  Because I believe prophecy is a result of a deep relationship with God.  For prophets give msgs from God.  They become as spokespeople for Him.  Wow....  Something I don't take lightly.  Lots of people profess to be prophets especially now a days, but the Lord reminds of this and to test them in the truth, watch and see.  But the true prophets have and know the heart of God intimately and therefore are required... mandated to share this truth to the church body both the good and the bad or else they are held responsible.  Not always an easy job.  Often can be shunned as not giving the message people necessarily want to listen to.  And yet when the msg is treated with a desire to listen and obey God powerful things begin to happen. 

Can I encourage you today to press into your relationship with Jesus, no matter where you've been or fallen off track, jump back in.  Make it a priority begin to ask Him to reveal more of Himself to you and give you a hunger for more of Him.  EAGERLY desire this and watch what He will do in your life.  Promise.  :)

Passionately desiring more,

c

No comments:

Post a Comment