Sunday, October 23, 2011

Your Brea for MY Brea

Recently I had to attend a wedding but wasn't able to stay as long as Roger and Brea as I needed to be back for work and therfore I had to fly back 2 days earlier.  Unfortunately it was the evening of Brea's birthday that I had to return but we had had a good time together that morning.  Nonetheless as I was sitting on the plane back reading my bible and talking to the Lord as I always do on the plane especially, the young girl sitting next to me made me think of Brea.  She was of similar age to  Brea with long blond hair.  My heart longed to be with Roger and Brea but I also know commitments too are important. 

There was no way I could talk to her or text her being on the plane so I just talked to God about it.  The young girl with all her snacks, iphone, DS, etc... was keeping herself entertained and then fell asleep for a bit on her tray her hair spilling over unto my lap, made me miss my princess all the more. 

Then the young woman awoke and though she was fidgety and somewhat restless, I knew the Lord wanted me to talk to her, but I felt I didn't have the energy.  Then she saw me reading my bible and pulled out her Joyce Meyer book "Battlefield of the Mind" pulled up Romans 8 on her iphone and leaned over to ask me a question.  I was pleasantly surprised! 

Well... you can just imagine me then.  Lol! Those that know me know no matter how tired I am if you ask me about scripture with sincere interest, I come alive!!  So we did just that... started to share etc... SOOOOO... get this!!  As if God doesn't have the ultimate sense of humor?!

The girl's name is Breanna.. she just moved a year ago and was coming home for a visit as a birthday gift that her dad gave her for her 16th birthday that was last Friday!!  We gave Brea the gift to come to the wedding with us as well as it was her 16th birthday!  She was flying alone for the first time and was nervous.  Much like Brea has done in the past and I could relate.  I comforted her and made her laugh and then told her what I did at the church.  She was shocked.  She recently became a Christian and only her and her mom are saved, not Dad or 2 brothers.  She's been struggling a bit just feeling discouraged in her faith walk feeling alone.  But she did recently join a bible study Friday.  She'd been praying for encouragement from God and so for the next hour YOU know I did just that.  She couldn't believe I was sitting right next to her and I couldn't believe this comfort as the next closest thing to Brea, was given to me.

I realized in that moment that I need to continue to love those around me as my family not distinguishing.  That "relentless, non judgemental, no respecter of persons" love that Jesus showed those around Him.  In this moment she needed the encouragement of a godly mom and I need the comfort of a spirit filled daughter.  In this moment I was her mom and she was my Brea.   Powerful.

"Matt 6:8  Our Father knows what we need even before we ask Him"

I am so baffled at the deep intimate love our Father has for us... .every single day He's got something new to make my mouth drop in wonder.

Father, you are a Dad like non other.  Thanks for loving me so deeply that every care and concern of my heart is precious to you.  I desire to love you more and more.  May our conversations and my prayers become more and more intimate to you as I learn to trust you above and beyond what only my eyes see.

c

No comments:

Post a Comment