Sunday, August 21, 2011

What's YOUR Pleasure?

Where is truth?  With so many religions to chose from, so many brands of every product, remedies, prescriptions, websites, so many so called "experts", how do you know what's right?? 

Why do we have such a hard time now drawing a line between right and wrong?  Our kids are growing up that everything is acceptable.  Teachers don't fail students or even put an "X" on an assignments.  Is this good??  How will a child becoming an adult deal with rejection? Will they ever know true right and wrong?

If we don't have enough money, max out credit cards, loans, mortgages, car payments, etc.... If you don't like your look photo shop it and airbrush what you want\. If you don't like your job, quit.  If you don't like your spouse just get a new one??  Do you see this pattern?  Where is our faithfulness; our pursuit and perseverance to seek the truth, the right answer?  Are we too gullible?

I look around and it is only spend time in His word do I find my own perceptions are reset to absolute truth.  His word is my plumb line, my gauge for authentic truth.  And to be honest I often feel alone in my views or too rigid and yet I have chosen to not let down that bar. 

"I do DESIRE, more than ever, the absolute truth, Lord.  I don't care what everyone else thinks I want YOUR opinion." 

Are we more concerned with that or just fitting in?  You see I will never fit in here again.  Jesus has never been cool, and He won't be to the masses.  So if I'm looking for a Jesus that everyone is going to love, it will not happen.  For evil is abounding in great measure and the conviction of sin and desire to remain in our own dark ways causes human nature to hate God and light.  Therefore I take comfort in the fact that the closer I draw to Him the more of a stranger to this world I become.  I find joy in that.  I have this smile that gently floods my heart and soul as I can hear His voice talk to me so readily as I ask what He sees in every situation.

I guess the question we must ask ourselves is, is it your desire to please God or people?  I was so convicted of this as I read John 12:43 this week.  "for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."  Seek to please Him first and all other things will fall into place.  My desire above all is to please Him.  None of this will last.  But one day we will stand before Almighty God and give an account for our lives spent here on earth.  And as we look face to face will His eyes penetrate deep to your soul saddened or will His mouth flood into a grin that melts your very heart and soul into one immortal being as complete satisfaction, peace, love and joy unite you with Him?  The sheer joy of knowing you chose Him here and now believing that one day you'd meet Him and as a result living for a kingdom now that is not of this world. 

Turn your eyes to Jesus, look full in His wonderful face.  And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post Carrie!!! Miss you and Brea, think of you often, very often! :) Have a great last few days of summer before school starts again! <3 amy in dawson creek (yes, i'm still here!) ;)

    ReplyDelete