Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recent Random Renderings

Recently God has blessed me with the counsel and advice of my very own Social Media Agent.  Some of you are already laughing... but it's a gift to me and I know it will keep me on my toes in communicating in a more frequent way.  So I'm starting today by working with him.  My first prerequisite is to update my blog every Sunday.  So ... I shall.  :)  I'll keep you posted as I've agreed to a twitter account, but haven't given into the facebook quite yet.  We'll see. 

A few random thoughts that have entered my heart and mind this week for you to chew on...

If only we were as vulnerable in our relationships and hearts as we are in the way our dresses. 

On Jan 2, I spoke a sermon here with a reference to the value of a precious metal, gold.  Declaring His word is worth far more than gold than much pure gold. (Psalm 19:10) Based on God's word over inflated man created paperbacks, etc, there is a precious gold God has created hidden in rocks that is of some value.  Man can't alter it or create it, but rather it's a natural resource made by God's hand therefore the value I increase over time.  With all the anxiety of the financial world currently interesting to see the price of gold skyrocket.  BUT keep in mind again, worth more than that is God's word.  Wow...

I was reminded of the story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers and how only one came back to thank Him.  The power of thankfulness especially in today's ungrateful society shows a humility and how it so deeply speaks a language of love.  One young man, often forgotten and overlooked, with no family that attends church but spending the year faithfully attending Sr.High was in Las Vegas of all places 2 weeks ago reflecting and talking with God, something He had never done before.  Realizing He was embracing a new life He had found with joy wanted to use what money he had to buy me a stain glass cross necklace.  I was blown away as he nervously approached me last Sunday.  So moved in my heart and a tender but so thoughtful gesture.  I realized how much more this young man had inspired me to show more often MY thankfulness to others, even after the fact.  The cross now hangs on my wall in my room as a reminder.

I recently was bothered knowing something I needed had been stolen.  When I approached the one who might have some understanding they dismissed it in unbelief of who I had thought it was.  So I let it go to God asking that one day I might know.  A month later, I found what had been taken by accident in one's bag.  I was upset, angry, wanting to declare to the other.. I told them I knew who it was... but God convicted me to put it back as if I didn't know.  Uggghhh....  the next morning that person would be gone and I wouldn't see it again.  I did have the thought, it was mine and I could just take it rightfully and that would be it without even making a big deal about it... but again I was convicted.  So I literally talked to God about it that morning along with the countless other things we speak about.  I simply asked if there was a way He would have it given to me, but I didn't even believe it was possible.  An hour later, there in front of me stood the person with the item in their hands claiming somehow it had gotten there by mistake.  I was dumbfounded.  Dumbfounded...  ???  I simply was in awe as I waited on God once again He showed me He would take care of it.  Once again my faith increases hourly these days.  But to learn I must listen and obey.  HIS way.. not mine.

We were at the beach last night as a family having a picnic, swimming and playing volleyball.  As we sat there eating in the distance I noticed a man collecting pop cans out of the trash.  As our family was laughing and talking, I interrupted to have Brea go over and offer him some food.  Our kids used to be hesitant but have now seen the power in it and so she jumps up and offers to which he shocklingly but so gratefully takes some.  The other children watch and she sits back down and jumps back into the laughter like it's nothing out of the ordinary.  This blessed me a lot.  I want to train our children that it is normal to keep our eyes open around us and love.  As parents are we teaching our children this?  The first couple times I needed to do it, to break the fear for the kids, even to the point to Roger pulling over the car at an intersection so I could reach to a young woman on a bike with a young boy in tow on a very inclement day.  KNOWING she was forced to use her bike as transformation you should should of seen the look on her face as I embraced her hand with mine sliding some paperback to her.  Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.


I have many thoughts and stories I would love to share, but I'll leave you with one simple verse that brings me to my knees yet again when I think of Jesus and how AWESOME He truly is.  He doesn't worry about what anyone thinks, but His Father alone.  John 2:24,25  "Jesus did not NEED man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man."  I just love that.  First, why are we more focused about what other's think of us rather than God??  May we concern with what He thinks first and foremost.  And then secondly, He knew what was in a person.  Left to ourselves we are NOTHING.. it is HE in us that creates a beauty and depth a priceless treasure that brings Him glory and shows a world a deep love.  May we continue to strive to please ONE and as He continues to renew us and transform us daily, may we be simply obedient to listen to His Spirit that will cause us to be thankful, loving and no longer afraid to step out of the conformity of the world.

To Him, be ALL glory, honor and praise.  NO ONE.... NO ONE compares with my Father! 

c

No comments:

Post a Comment