Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taste Test

We are living in a time in which deception is at an all time high, but the bible warns us of this.  Are we digging deeper to find the truth in all situations or do we just listen and accept what we're hearing?  Are we teaching our children not to be so gullible but to ask questions, to discern, to seek advice, to ask for the Spirit of Truth?


Jesus words remind me today that He's given us a code that tells us of true Christ followers.  It's the presence of good fruit.  


Matthew 7:18-20
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.


You will recognize them by their fruit.  Hmm... think of that.  The fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, self control, goodness, longsuffering...


Rather than evaluating others first, I turn to look at my own life through this lense.  


"Do I exude this presence of fruit Lord?"


When people mention my name what is the first things that come to mind?  Is there something good I can offer them to taste and see, nourish and refresh them with?  Our fruitfulness comes from Him.  He causes our fruit to grow.  Therefore are we spending that relational time growing with Him that we would overflow such a harvest to all those that would come around us?


With this thought I am convicted. 


"Lord I want to bear an abundance of real fruit in this world, that many would know you.  The goodness you offer, the love so real.  Lord nourish me today with your presence that I could have the privilege of bringing Almighty God of the universe glory.  


Authentic Christ followers bear good fruit.      

No comments:

Post a Comment