Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leaders Living Out LOUD

Once again my heart overflows to our Father this morning of the many incredible young people God is entrusting us with on Wed nights. I truly long to know each one of them.

As I was reflecting on them by name and what I could see in each of them last night, I was thanking God for how HE has brought together our leadership team. I cannot express to you how grateful I am to God for this dynamic group of young adults, so talented and gifted in diverse ways that are truly not only my friends but a family. We meet every Wed before youth at 5pm to pray, really pray. To specifically rely 100% on God. It is Him that does the working through us and we can do nothing on our own. Then we break bread as a team reminding our flesh that we are not only proclaiming His death until He comes, and walking in obedience as He commanded us to do, but that we might walk by the power of His Spirit in all we do for it is He that lives in us. It is this witness of Him through us that the youth will be drawn to. For it is He that is love.

Stephanie, Christian, Mike, Melissa, Jenn, Alysha, Ron, Jody, Ron, Alex, Hannah, Roger and recent additions of Laura and Ashleigh... names of my brothers and sisters to which I have the privilege of building God's kingdom with. I count it a privilege as I mention your name personally and specifically, in frequent exchanges to our Father. I cry out so often to Him for each of you.

I want to thank everyone of you... so much... for refreshing my Spirit each time we serve together. How we roll with whatever God is doing in our midst, we trust each other, we guard each others backs, we help each other, we inspire each other and we remind each other that there is one purpose and one goal in this life... that we would glorify God in everything. We are learning to humble ourselves to each other and what it means to truly love one another with His selfless love. We realize that this is so much more than being a "Youth Leader" but rather a "CALLING" to make disciples. TRUE FOLLOWERS of Christ. That's not a light call. It's not a "Raise your hand if you wanna go to heaven" it's a sold out commitment to not only share our lives with one another but these precious young people. It's a call to week by week do "LIFE" by living as an example to them and opening and sharing ours. It's a high calling; a noble task, Paul reminds us. We all make many mistakes, but grace abounds first to us from God and then is given freely to one another. But we together have made a choice to raise the bar to give God our utmost. Our utmost for HIS HIGHEST. He is worthy... He is so worthy. Our Hero has conquered death and we are running full out, reaching and encouraging our youth to run with us. For you are fulfilling 1 Timothy 4:12 and my heart so rejoices in God for what He is doing through each of you. May we continue to lead in LIFE, SPEECH, LOVE, FAITH and PURITY by the power of His Spirit that no one would look down on us that we are young, but that they would be inspired to know if God can use a crazy bunch like us... wow... He can use anyone. :)

As I thank Him this morning He reveals a song to me that I haven't heard for almost a year and yet the lyrics are the very song of our heart to Him and to others. I've listened to it over and over again... I believe it's OUR song for our youth. Listen to it. Really listen and tell me the Spirit within you doesn't ache with the weight of every word sung??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYE42Pb3uI&ob=av2e

Jeremy Camp's - Speaking Louder Than Before

This song reminds me of exactly our hearts and a very specific call to the time we are in. The Spirit arises in me when I hear it that we must continue to take our stand boldly for this next generation... it is in desperation. I think it's part of the enemy's deception and disguise to feel as if it's not urgent. IT IS!!!!!! We need to RISE and REACH to them... raising our voices not giving up or in. I BELIEVE WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS LAND... BY SHOWING THEM THE LOVE THAT WE'VE RECEIVED.

Let's run in this, Together for the PRIZE

The "Well Done" that will come from the mouth of our Hero, the one who conquered death,

My heart says to me that to hear Him say those words to me when we meet face to face will far surpass all the riches of this current world. May we stay focused on things that matter for eternity!!

I love you FEARLESS leaders. Really love you.

Humbled,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment