Thursday, April 22, 2010

From Sea to Sea

Well I've gone from one coast to another as I find myself now in Historic Halifax, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and the down to earth folks here in Eastern Canada. Interesting enough, the same privilege still exists for me, no matter where I am: spending time with God and sharing His truth to young and old, males and females. Despite the four hour difference, the same sun remains. What a reminder of how no matter where He has us put on this world, together we have one God and one LORD we worship and serve together. Can you imagine the day we all get together and party with Him? When all those who by faith have believed, unite together in one central place, on one time zone, around one Son. Can you even begin to imagine that party?! I THINK NOT... human comprehension doesn't stand a chance on that one. We can just try to dream.

It was sheer joy for me to speak to this dynamic group of faithful young people last night. The Rock church here reminds me a lot of our church in Kelowna in that it really has strong and pure roots within the city. They will soon celebrate their 40th anniversary to which the founding pastor was there until just last year, 38 years. Their youth pastor was there for well over 20 and Pastor Mike now taking over the Youth Ministry has been with the church since we was 12. The faithfulness and loyalty of all ages here, really speaks volumes to its godly heritage. I believe this honors God.

A GREAT pleasure of mine is to communicate so intimately and frequently with our Lord that when HE calls me to speak at these times, rather than pulling out a nice "speech" or a favorite one, I can simply ask for more of His heart's thoughts at this very moment that I could speak a timely and effective word that is His. This takes more time, obviously, but brings me greater joy and fullness knowing the words are fresh. Who wants to watch the 6:00pm news from 10 days ago, when you could have today's info?

What a blessing it was to my heart late that evening to sit in a restaurant in one LONG table with Pastor Mike and over 20 of his young adult leaders! I was in awe to see this strong team of leaders so devoted and knit together so well. How I'd love to bring them all down to Kelowna to have them connect with our great team of leaders!

It was interesting to just share with Mike who's 34 and me being 33, as we considered and reflected to what we've grown up with and known, and now how vastly different it is for this younger generation we're working with.

But no matter how you look at it, we were both encouraged that despite the times in which we are in, we both witness in each other and our teams, that there is indeed a ferverant remnant that is declaring boldly their faith. Sure they may be few in numbers... but whenever did Jesus have the masses as His army? In a few He accomplishes much... gotta LOVE His counter opposite ways of this world. Remember we're a by product of Jesus working with 12 Hooligans. :)

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to hear you speak at Shiloh Wednesday night. I am, though, looking forward to spending the weekend with you and hearing you for the first time at our Ladies retreat as you bring to us the message that God has placed in your heart for us Ladies. It's going to be such an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Carrie
    you are such a blessing to me
    miss you already !
    Talk soon
    Jess

    ReplyDelete