Friday, April 2, 2010

Debt Owed = My Life

Good Friday. GOOD... I used to wonder how can we declare such a brutal death "Good"?

But now, this day has become precious to me.

Why is our human nature so forgetful? Why with time, do things seem to fade so easily in our hearts and minds? For some things, we are thankful for the fading. For others that we long to remember, we can find it frustrating how quickly it leaves us.

Our Creator sure knew we'd struggle to remember and that's why He took us one step further to proactively help us with this. He left the emblems. A sign of communion; the bread and the wine. To some it seems a rather cold traditional practise, but to me it is a simple in taking of something that through touch, taste, smell and sight I force my body to REMEMBER the death my King has undergone for me. His sacrifice for me to not only live, but enjoy being part of His Royal family.

This is the portrait I carry of my Lord. Not a picture in my wallet but rather a crimson colored taste of His precious life giving blood, poured out completely, till it no longer pumped from His heart. And a taste of a gentle, soft, pure but broken piece of torn bread that reminds me of His body brutally ripped apart from nails in all limbs, a long sharp spear plunged deep up His side, to thorns pounded into His skull all of this as hard slivered wood stung His shredded skin hanging back open and wounded from endless lashes... ahhhh...(deep sigh) how my heart even now sinks so deeply into my chest and tears sting my own eyes... (I love you my Lord..)

How can it be??? The hardest part in it all for me is that HE WAS AND IS GOD... He is the most beautiful, powerful being of all time and in an instant could've done away with us all, especially the losers that scorned Him and mocked Him....oh how they have NO idea what their eyes shall behold when we ALL ONE DAY BOW and CONFESS before our GREAT KING... "WORTHY are you!!!" But then it shall be too late. What a day that will be... Truly I can't wait. With all I am if I leave this world this afternoon, I have entered eternity and then my heart shall be completely at peace united face to face with MY one and only.

But for now I will simply declare what Paul has spoken. 2 Corinthians 4:10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
I will chose to carry around His death. Even today... for it is GOOD. It reminds me; shocks my whole being to the motivation that do die is gain, and at all costs I shall live my life as an offering to Him. "Philippians 1:21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

I can truly say this now that I've gotten to "KNOW" Christ. Through years of speaking with Him and listening to Him through His word, I am smitten to that loving hand that remains pierced because of love for me.

So shall I not live my life full out, with no reserve for a Kingdom that will last forever? I shall! So today I will undergo a remembrance of a "GOOD" death. Galatians 2:20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I give to the one who has given me all things. Be glorified in my little life Lord, for you are WORTHY beyond my comprehension. This I believe. May my life be my testimony to this confession.

Indebted, joyfully

C

No comments:

Post a Comment