Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beautiful Babe

I ran into one of my lovely young ladies in the washroom at church on Sunday. She's been a little quieter than usual the past few weeks and so I felt compelled by the Spirit to write her an email as to how she was really doing. She openly confessed her struggle with the lies of the enemy, common to EVERY young girl, that she needs to look a certain way in order to be "beautiful" according to the world's standards. I'm not even sure if the enemy can stop at Size 0 or if he'd rather move to the minus sizes in due time... ugghhhhhh.... it frustrates and angers me; the poisonous lies he is feeding our young women, especially in this area!

Nonetheless I hold her lovingly in my arms and she seems to melt. So beautiful that she would let her guard down so readily and let me immerse her with an embrace of the Father's love. She is so precious and so beautiful... yet the lies of the enemy rob her of this knowledge. As tears stroll down her face I find my own heart so forlorn to want to instantly remove it for her, but I can't. I can merely encourage her in how to fight, and to stand on the truth. But at this moment the Father was simply telling me to just hold her and love her.

That afternoon just being quiet with the Lord pondering the many great things God is doing in our young people, and also carrying the burden of the ones that are struggling. Presenting these in prayer to the Lord and then as I'm thinking of this precious one, I hear this new song playing in the background. I replay it and listen to the words closely... I fight back the tears as I know it is a song for her from our Father.

So for you my precious one, this is for you. Just close your eyes and listen... and when it finishes I am reminded of a verse He gave me that has so helped me through my struggle of knowing how much He loves me. It's Isaiah 43:4. Look it up, underline it and fight the lie. For to know HIS love for you and the worth of your beautiful spirit ( 1Peter 3;3,4 ) is truly what counts for eternity.

How I long to be so beautiful in my Spirit for my Lord. To me that is beauty.



I love you dear one. This is for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2o0jHNRuU And even now I listen to it and now the tears run down my face. For every word captures my prayer. How deep is His love for you.

You are beautiful.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment